I’m Sandra Ramaker and I’m a member of Mesquite City Council. I was elected in 2018 to Seat #1.
I have lived in Mesquite for 13 years and am passionate about serving our community. I love having the opportunity to serve you.
I was your elected representative on the Virgin Valley Water District Board from 2010 through 2016 and am familiar with the issues surrounding this vital resource.
I have no conflicts of interest that would interfere with my judgment. I am knowledgeable about the business of the city and am honored to currently serve as Mayor Pro Tem.
I have volunteered with various organizations such as Mesquite Chamber of Commerce, Mesa View Regional Hospital, Kids for Sports Foundation, League of Women Voters, and others. I talk to people all the time and I strive to bring your voice to the table. I believe common sense is an important attribute, as well as transparency, accountability and accessibility.
Issues that are important to me include:
- Fiscal responsibility and efficient use of tax dollars to meet demands of the community.
- Advancing community development that matches fiscal and environmental constraints.
- Promoting policies that help our golfing and gaming businesses as well as new tourism opportunities in sports and environmental excursions.
- More affordable housing.
- Ensuring open competition for public contracts.
- Seeking input from the community and rapidly addressing questions and concerns.
- Achieving employment in line with population demands.
- Providing a voice for minority opinions.
- Expansion of educational opportunities for our youth so they are better prepared for the job market.
I hear more comments about getting new businesses into Mesquite and revitalizing our downtown area than any other topic. We have been working very hard on this issue and there are new opportunities being developed. I am excited about the future of Mesquite.
If you have any questions or comments, I can be reached at Sandra@sandraramaker.com or 503-548-3879
- Nevada Child Care Fund Available to Qualifying NevadansWe wanted to pass this information along to you and if you know of anyone that needs assistance please have them contact the following organization for Child Care Assistance. The Nevada Child Care Fund is available to all qualifying Nevadans, including State employees. Eligibility for child care financial support has expanded! In July, Governor Steve Sisolak officially launched the Nevada Child Care Fund to expand access and affordability of quality child care across …
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive emails from: Sandra Ramaker, sandraramaker.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact